Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Daily Journal-Worst Experience at a Restaurant

I hate my job. I work at a pizza place and every time I come home from work I smell like a giant, greasy, onion. To make things even worse, I smell like that the next day no matter what I do. When you first walk into the restaurant you get a giant waft of the pizza aroma. After about 10 minutes it goes away and you just acquire the smell. The uniform that I wear has a permanent smell of pizza and onions on it no matter how many times I wash it it will be there for eternity. When I am working I can feel my skin become greasy and oily from the grease of the pizza in the air. Touchy all the cold, wet, slimy, greasy ingredients is a pain because then it gets under your nails and all over your hands, which makes them smell even worse. There is so much work that also goes into making the pizzas. Most of them are gourmet pizzas so they have an enormous amount of strange toppings on them. Also when putting the ingredients on the pizza they must go in a special order according to the way they cook. Preparing the boxes that the pizzas are delivered in is also a pain. They give you cardboard slivers and cut your hands. The worst part about my job is all the dishes. For every pizza there is at least two dishes to wash. The pans that the pizzas are baked in have burned ingredients stuck to them along with grease all over them. All the utensils that go into preparing the ingredients seems like it takes 5 years to wash them all. Everything is prepared in the store. We make our own sauce, dough, we cut all the vegetables, as well as prepare little dipping sauces. This calls for a lot of tedious work that is excruciatingly boring. All the cleaning that goes into the job is off the chart. Mopping floors, cleaning the counters, tables and walls, changing dirty ingredient buckets. I hate my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment