Thursday, March 3, 2011

Villanelle Poem

The soft wind on a falls afternoon makes my cheeks blush
Leaves are rustling and everyone's raking
Pumpkins are being carved and set out in the hush
Life is sprawling all around in the town
Everyone is preparing for the winter ahead by baking
Family hunkers down and loved ones kiss and blush
The temperature goes down
Everyone is around thanking                                                             
What soft and elegant brush of the leaves making
Me chilled with excitement that its almost Halloween taking
Me by surprise I await with great anticipation of what is baking
Life is good and plush
Leaves are bright and lush
I am calm cool and easy about awaiting
Hush hush for all is calm and breaking
What not I do is not worth taking
With love and might I risk love breaking
Its a first date, walk in the green and red forest which is lush
Sometimes I await with patients and time taking

No comments:

Post a Comment