Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Daily Journal

I wake up and try to take a deep breath, but the deeper the breath the more severe the pain. The ground is hard beneath my back, and I feel a dull pain in my arm. I see the sky above me and hear waves crashing. I cant remember what had happened to me. I am soaking wet and freezing cold. I try to sit up but the pain is to excruciating. My backpack lies only a few feet from my reach. As I struggle to reach for it I hear screaming. I try to look around with the small range of motion that I have. One of my ship mates is standing on a cliff above me screaming my name. I try to scream back but its no use; he cant hear me. I attempt to move my hand but it only budges a little bit. With him he has his rescue flag and not far from me is mine. He waves it back and forth as I try to reach my bag for mine. I pull on the rock with all my might and a dreadful pain spikes through my spine. I try again and reach the flag. I start to wave it vigorously back and fourth, hoping he would see that I am still alive. He waves his back in response to mine and with a big, yet painful sigh of relief I know that my life is going to be saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment