Monday, February 14, 2011

Out of the Dark-Daily Journal

Out of the dark we came into the dangerous but yet exhilarating rapid waters in Colorado. As the raft rides the treacherous waves I squeal with excitement and terror. The rapids soon come to a nice consistent flow, I sigh with relief. On the bay kids are playing in the sand and I can hear the music of the adults playing up on shore. A loud trumpet roars out from the jazzy tune coming from the music player. The kids' crafty sand castles catch my attention and bring me back to my childhood here on the water. I smell the reek of hot dogs, hamburgers, and steaks being grilled on a charcoal grill up on shore which reminds me of my fathers cooking. Being here on the river reminds me of what home is really like.

No comments:

Post a Comment