Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Earliest Childhood Memory

One of the earliest chilhood memories I can remeber was in preschool. We were having a day in class where are parents could come and we were going to ride around in the parking lot on our bikes. Unfortunatly I didnt know how to ride a bike at this point in time. So I started practicing early with my mom and dad out in the cul-de-sac. I had a hot pink bike with a bell on it, equipped with streamers flying off the ends of the handle bars, and of course training wheels. The way the kids in my class talked seemed as if they all  knew how to ride a bike without training wheels. I got very frusterated by this. So with the time that I had, my dad would help me learn how to ride a bike with no training wheels. Friday rolls around and its time for our big bike day. Although I had not learned how to ride a bike with out my training wheels by this time I was shocked to find out that I was not the only one! A few of my other classmates and kids from other classes did not know how to ride their bikes without training wheels. That day was so much fun for me, one for the fact that we got cupcakes, and the other for the fact that the kids who did know how to ride a bike without training wheels kept falling off their bikes, and me: I just kept cruising around!

No comments:

Post a Comment